it for me?
Urban Tech Helsinki offers a
possibility up to 36 months of
incubation, depending on your needs
and your progress in the program.
4th call opens early 2023
Incubation starts in April 2023
at the Maria 01 startup campus.
What do we offer?
- Contribute to smart, clean and sustainable city challenges
- Connect to Aalto University, University of Helsinki and Metropolia UAS research, networks and infrastructure
- Test your product in real environments on platforms and testbeds in Helsinki and beyond
- Participate in matchmaking with RDI organizations, relevant corporations and other startups
- Explore funding opportunities with our advisors and specific tools
What are the benefits for your startup?
- Free-of-charge. No equity taken.
- Membership benefits of Maria 01 startup hub
- 1+1+1 year Aalto Startup Center Business Generator, an in-depth incubation program with 1-to-1 coaching, mentoring, and training
- Access to piloting with Testbed.Helsinki and other city platforms
- Networking with city of Helsinki, universities, and partners
- Connections to +100 business mentors
- Access to startup tools, innovation development tools and methods
- Marketing and PR support with professional help in your startup’s communications
- Showcasing our startups during Slush, Arctic15 and other startup events
- Visibility in Helsinki’s startup ecosystem and the program’s international collaboration network of cities, universities, and corporates
What are the application criteria?
- You have an established company under 3 years of age with at least two founders working full-time
- Your company is based on strong technology with a scalable business model
- You have an MVP, proof-of-concept or a validated concept
- You can commit to the incubation process in Helsinki, Finland, organised in a hybrid model online and onsite. We start with an 8-week onboarding period for each batch and prefer teams who can join us onsite for the time (approx. two sessions per week 18.4.-16.6.2023).
Get in touch