it for me?
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
Joining Urban Tech Helsinki unlocks up to
36 months of dynamic opportunities, from professional collaborations to testing and networking.
Don’t miss out on the upcoming application period!
Next call for startups opens spring 2024. Subscribe to our newsletter here to stay tuned or apply now.
What do we offer?
At Urban Tech Helsinki, we support your startup by helping you address the smart, clean and sustainable city challenges. We connect you with top academic institutions in Helsinki, offer real-world testing opportunities, and facilitate valuable connections. Additionally, we assist in exploring funding options to fuel your startup’s growth.
- Collaborations. Connections with the City of Helsinki, Aalto University, University of Helsinki, and Metropolia UAS.
- Real-World Testing. Access to platforms and resources for testing your product.
- Networking. Connections with RDI organizations and relevant corporations.
- Funding Exploration. Our advisors and tools available for exploring funding opportunities.
What are the benefits for your startup?
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS FOR YOUR STARTUP?
- Free of charge. No cost of equity share.
- Workspace Perks. Flex-desk membership at Maria 01 startup hub and Urban 3 co-working space.
- 8-Week Onboarding. A comprehensive period with bi-weekly events, culminating in the “Winds of Change” partner event.
- Aalto Startup Center Business Generator. A 12-18 month incubation program with tailored coaching and mentoring.
- Networking Hub. Access to Testbed Helsinki and an extensive partner network.
- PR & Marketing Support. Professional assistance for your startup’s marketing and communications.
- Showcase Opportunities. Present your startup at events like Slush, Arctic 15, and at the Startup Spotlight Annual Awards.
What are the application criteria?
- You have an established company under 3 years of age with at least two founders working full-time
- Your company is based on strong technology with a scalable business model
- You have an MVP, proof-of-concept or a validated concept
- You can commit to the incubation process in Helsinki, Finland, organised in a hybrid model online and onsite. We start with an 8-week onboarding period for each batch and prefer teams who can join us onsite for the time (approx. two sessions per week).