it for me?
Urban Tech Helsinki offers a
possibility up to 36 months of
incubation, depending on your needs
and your progress in the program.
Our 4th call has just ended.
Stay tuned for the next call opening in Fall 2023.
What do we offer?
- Help you in solving smart, clean and sustainable city challenges
- Connect to Aalto University, University of Helsinki and Metropolia UAS research, networks and infrastructure like innovation advisory, living lab platforms and multiple project resources.
- Facilitate connections to testing your product in real environments on platforms and testbeds in Helsinki and beyond
- Facilitate matchmaking your startup with RDI organizations, relevant corporations and smaller companies
- Explore your funding opportunities with our advisors and tools
What are the benefits for your startup?
- Free-of-charge. No equity taken.
- Flex-desk membership benefits of Maria 01 startup hub and coworking premises at Urban 3 space on the campus
- A comprehensive 8-week onboarding period with events twice a week, finishing up with our partner event “Winds of Change”
- Aalto Startup Center Business Generator, an in-depth incubation program with 1-to-1 coaching, mentoring, and training based on needs and progress, duration 1+1+1 years
- A unique networking program with Testbed.Helsinki, other city platforms and our partners
- Marketing and PR support with professional help in your startup’s communications
- Showcasing during Slush, Arctic15 and other startup events like our Startup Spotlight Annual Awards
- Visibility in Helsinki’s startup ecosystem and the program’s international collaboration network of cities, universities, and corporates
What are the application criteria?
- You have an established company under 3 years of age with at least two founders working full-time
- Your company is based on strong technology with a scalable business model
- You have an MVP, proof-of-concept or a validated concept
- You can commit to the incubation process in Helsinki, Finland, organised in a hybrid model online and onsite. We start with an 8-week onboarding period for each batch and prefer teams who can join us onsite for the time (approx. two sessions per week 18.4.-16.6.2023).
Get in touch
Maria 01 Startup Campus